Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ellie turned 6 last monday. I'm still getting over it! She's enjoying her new status as a 6 year old AND in the 1st grade (at church at least). I can't find the camera right now, but I'll post a picture of her as soon as it turns up ;-) Doug and Erik ran in another race on Saturday. This was a different course, all grass. It was hard for Erik...the different course made it seem like a much much longer race to him. They ran a week ago as well, Doug took a whole minute off of his time and Erik was down 30 seconds. In a few weeks (when it's not still 100 at 5pm-hopefully), we'll start Erik with 'official' running practice with the Road Lizards running club. He'll run tuesdays and thursdays from 4:30-5:30...don't worry he won't run that WHOLE hour. Once basketball starts up in November, we'll pull him out of the running and let him just play basketball, then baseball. The girls started ballet this past week. Emma is now in 2A..which means 2 1-hour classes each week. And Ellie is in a 1 hour pre ballet class. Nutcracker Auditions were yesterday and Emma is eager to see what part(s) she earned. The list will be posted on Wednesday...I promise I'll blog the results! Send me an email if I forget. I've been asked to head up the props for The Nutcracker production...Doug and I are deciding if our family can take that kind of a time committment from mama... And AWANA and coop start up after Labor Day too...my calendar is already full of kids scheduled activities.

No comments: