Tuesday, March 20, 2007

It's a BOY!

The girls were initially disappointed...until it dawned on Emma that THEIR room would still have just 2 people in it, while the boys would have to make room for one more ;-) Erik seems stupefied with the whole thing. I think he is still getting used to the idea that we're having another baby, and isn't sure what it will be like to have another little brother.

On all counts, the ultrasound went well. We even got to see little E suck his thumb, take it out of his mouth, and start sucking it again. Very cool.

Shoppers...start your engines!

What I forgot to mention is that since last summer, Everson has been telling me that Jesus had a baby brother for him. He was quite insistent up until January. At Christmas time, knowing I was pregnant, I asked Ev if Jesus still had a baby brother for him. He said yes. I asked him how big his brother was. He made a small circle with his fingers and said, "Him's about dis big." Hair stands up on my neck. A week or so later, Doug and I were pondering boy/girl names. We usually have a family name for a middle name, so we were kicking around possibilities. I suggested John, after Doug's grandfather who passed away last fall. Within a couple of days of that conversation, I asked Everson if Jesus still had a baby brother for him. He said yes. I asked him what's the baby's name. He said, "Him's name John."

So when it comes to the future, and prophecy...look no further. Everson seems to have a direct line to God ;-)

BTW, we haven't decided on ANY names...we're open to all reasonable suggestions.

2 comments:

Nita said...

Congratulations on the boy!! Tell Erik if it gets to be too much for him, he can sleep over in the Montana when we come out for a visit!!!

Edward John does sound good!
others I like:
Elisha, Elijah, Ezra (sp?), Ethan. Middle name John of course!

Nancy said...

Great news! I'm staying out of the naming business. You guys have always excelled in chosing the right name. I'm sure you will have great success again. Congratulations...