Ellie's Birthday Party
We celebrated Ellie turning SEVEN a few weeks early...due to the pending arrival of another child in the family. So on Saturday, we had a dozen or so kiddos over here for some water fun and home made ice cream sandwiches. I think the kids had a great time...and I enjoyed the low-key-ness of the day. I had Doug helping, my mom made the ice cream sandwiches, Emma and 2 of her friends (older sisters of Ellie's friends) ran some of the games. All in all, it was 90 minutes of fun for the kids.
Ellie asked her friends to bring gifts to send to her Uncle Jason (my TX stepbrother), who is serving his 2nd tour in Iraq. So we collected 48 pairs of socks, 153 packs of gum and 15 boxes of powdered drink singles for the Marines. She was quite excited to receive so many goodies to send to her Uncle and the other 7 members of his unit to thank them for fighting for our freedom.
1 comment:
What a precious picture! And what a treat for Uncle Jason....way to GO Ellie!
Great teamwork Team Armstrong pulling off the birthday party when Mom is low on energy.
NOW - on my blog you left a comment "I was pretty productive today as well." I was sure it was going to say "I was productive today as well. I had baby E..." ::snort::
Post a Comment