A recent conversation prompted me to give consistent blogging another try. Regardless of whether people leave a comment or not. Regardless of whether people send me newsy emails...though it would be nice to hear how your life is going...
We're in the throes of ballet and basketball. 3 hours of basketball practice (homeschool jr high boys) coached by Doug. Erik goes to practice and gets quite the workout. 5 ballet classes and a total of 7 hours of Nutcracker rehearsals last week. Plus AWANA.
And, oh yes, school.
And legos for Everson.
And Demolition Activites for Elisha...That kid is B-U-S-Y. His current favorite toy: anything with a cord. My blender base. The electric pencil sharpener. The handle to my electric knife (minus the blades, of course). Oh, and he likes remote controls too.
The kids participated in a History Fair last Thursday night. It's an annual event for our homeschool association. Erik and Ellie made a display on Lewis and Clark. Ellie even dressed up as Sacajawea and Erik was Meriweather Lewis...complete with coonskin cap and paper moccasins. Emma and her friend Stephanie did a display and mini-speech on The Great Depression. They even dressed up in 'depression-style' dresses and went barefoot.
We've been watching The Waltons on Wednesday nights after AWANA. The kids look so forward to popcorn, apple slices and The Waltons. Last year it was The Brady Bunch.
Monday and Wednesday are my stay home days. Today I'm doing some baking. I've already made homemade graham crackers - YUMMY and will be baking some bread this afternoon.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. I am always interested in hearing what's going on in the warm state of Texas. I will try to do my part and update you on what's going on here. Not sure it will be interesting, though as our lives are kinda dull at times. Sounds like Elisha is a handful. A very cute handful.
Glad to see you are "back in the saddle"! I was just days away from sending an email to make sure all was OK in TX. It is very discouraging whan no one comments on blog entries - we know what that's all about! But, we keep plugging along and I'm happy to hear about you and yours.
Amy says "Thanks!!" to Emma for the ballet b'day greetings.
How fun!
I used to watch the Brady Bunch & the Waltons with my family when I was little too.
What nice memories you're building to cherish forever!
Post a Comment