Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update on Doug...

Some of you know that Doug fell off the back of his work truck 2 weeks ago. He called me from work to say, "I won't be home right away. I'm off to the ER because I think I broke my wrist."

Oh my. The same wrist he had TWO surgeries on in high school.

He arrived home a few hours later, with a splint on his arm, a prescription for mind-altering pain meds, and a note that said, "Can return to work when released by ortho."

Two weeks later (this past Monday), he went to see the ortho. Doug was convinced that his injory was going to require surgery and 8 more weeks off of work. At 50% pay.

He was released by the ortho, with a brace on his wrist and a note that said, "Can return to work tomorrow. Lift as tolerated. Wear brace for 1 month."

Oh so thankful that surgery and lengthy recovery was not necessary.

Oh so thankful for 2 weeks of Doug home with us...even if I felt like I was cooking more than I usually do ;-)

Oh so miserable is our Erik, who really really loved the time with his Dad.

No comments: