Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's a boy.

There is much whooping going on around here at the news of another Armstrong joining us.

Except Elisha. He cried and cried. He didn't want a baby brother. He wants a baby sister. Now that we're a couple of days later, he seems to be okay with his world getting turned upside down.

Everson asked, "Where are we getting the baby from?" Drawing from life, I said, "You've seen the chickens lay eggs, right?" After a brief thought, he said, "Ohhh yuck! You mean I came out of where you poop?!"

Ellie said, "Oh that's good. I was thinking you were getting a bit fat." And, "I didn't know that you could still have babies being, you know, so old."

Erik was not pleased with the news that he'd have to share his room with another brother. He's our neat freak who doesn't enjoy sharing a room with little brothers who constantly make messes in his clean room.

Emma exclaimed, "MOM, I'm going to be 14 years older than this kid!" I said, "Yes, Emma I know, you'll be 32 when he graduates from high school...and I'll be about 61 or 62." Nuf said.

Anyhow, we're thrilled to announce that another E will join our family this August.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Well - let me be the 1st blog commenter to say - Congratulations! I think this is wonderful news and I certainly don't think you are too old!
What a wonderful post to start up your blog again - welcome back.
The kids comments/concerns will make great stories to tell the newest "E".

Teresa said...

I am sooo excited for you! August is a great month...Will be awaiting the next blog update. Guess maybe I should think about trying to blog.

Miss you all.

Unknown said...

Congrats! I guess that's the way to reenter blogging. ::snort::

Tell Emma our oldest is 20 years older than Stacia. Mike will be 63 when she's 18 and I'll be 60. LOL

BTW if no one has told you about my FB message.....I'm coming to El Paso April 8 - 10 and plan to add time before or after to drive to your fair city.

joie said...

Deja,

Congratulations!! How exciting for y'all! Nancy sent me a message of Facebook to check out your blog today! I'd love to see any update pictures of all the kids--and you and doug too!! I don't know if I told you, I have Sam as a friend--even though I don't know him personally--on Facebook. I sent him a message once asking if you guys were on FB, and he added me. So I saw Christmas pictures LAST year of your kids in his photos.
Check out my blog at: www.just1joie.blogspot.com I'm trying to be better updating it.
blessings, joie

joie said...

Hey did you know that Saro just had a baby? Number 7! He's named after his dad--at least the first name! I haven't seen her and him yet. He was born Monday.

Unknown said...

Wow! Congrats you guys! Glad we checked the blog :)
We will ill pray that all continues to go well throughout the rest of the pregnancy!

Love,
S.W.A.K.

Anonymous said...

eagle is a awesome name, right?
-
emma