"Mommy is a drumpyhead"
Yesterday morning, I served pancakes and juice for breakfast. Elisha was not pleased with the red cup that I had selected to be his for the day.
We went back and forth for a few minutes on the cup...note that he had already had a drink from said cup 30 minutes earlier with no complaints.
I told Elisha that the red cup was his, or he was going back to a sippy cup.
He chose to throw the red cup in the sink.
I chose to swat the backside and send him to his bed to think about what happened.
After a bit, I went to visit Elisha, pouting in his bed. "Sorry Mommy. Tan I have a different tup?"
"No Elisha, you need to use the red cup today."
Tantrum continued, so I leave the room.
Several minutes later, Elisha shows up in the dining room, issues an apology then walks to the kitchen, opens the pencil drawer, shuts it, then comes to stand next to me at the dining room table.
With his chin just above the table, and furious scribbling going on (on a small piece of sandpaper!), I hear these words, "Mommy is a drumpyhead. Mommy is a drumpyhead."
I think he was trying to write it 100 times.
Robust laughter from all older children...and the dad who had just stopped in for another cup of coffee.
Swatted backside and 15 minutes in room later...
"Mommy, tan I have a sippytup?"
It's been the cause of much laughter these past 24 hours.
2 comments:
Ok, I would definately save that story for future use! At a bridal shower for for his future wife or 16th birthday party. I'm sure there will be an occasion that will be suitable! Anyway, thanks for the good laugh for the day!
Hilarious!
Post a Comment