Monday, June 19, 2006
HONEY! WAKE UP! I NEED YOUR HELP! MY CAR WAS JUST ON FIRE! That's how my day started at 5:30 this morning. As I go from zero to 1000 in 5 seconds, I'm thinking to myself, "Oh no. We can't afford a new car now!" When I got outside...in my nightgown and sandals, I disovered that the fire was in the backseat of Doug's 1994 Ford Escort. "Whew it was just the backseat...we don't have to buy a new car." So the best we can tell, here's what we think happened: Doug had serviced one of his customers early Saturday morning by exchanging some floor mats. For some reason it had to get done on Saturday. These are those big black rugs you see as you walk into restaurants and stores. So he had 2 big rugs rolled up and folded in half in the back seat of his car on Saturday. We rolled up the windows b/c there was a threat of thunderstorms. The windows stayed rolled up all Sunday as well. In the close to 100 heat. So when he went out to his car around 5:15 this morning, the windows were cloudy and he couldn't understand why. Then he opened the door and was overwhelmed with smoke and then saw the flames in the backseat... Now 5:30 and WIDE AWAKE, we are outside with the hose saturating the car and rugs in the driveway ashes and globs of melted rubber. You can't imagine the smell... I still havent' gotten it out of my nose or hands... That's my Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yikes! i'm glad no one was hurt...
Post a Comment