Thursday, July 06, 2006
Okay, I know it's been a couple of weeks...Can't seem to keep all the balls up in the air. Not sure it will ever get easier LOL. So here's a synopsis: During the time of the car fire, Ellie came down with a virus which produced a well over 100 fever for 3 days. I took her to the dr and came home with antibiotics. About 2 hours after that dr appt, Erik and Everson were goofing around in the living room and I hear a scream from Football (Ev). One of those screams that is followed by long silence...because he's crying so hard he hasn't taken a breath. By the time I get to him, I hear from Erik, "I didn't do it." If I had a penny for every time I heard that... Anyhow Everson hurt his foot. Bad. He wasn't putting any weight on it, standing like a flamingo. His little toe and area around it were purple. Poor thing. Since he's kid #4, we didn't rush to the dr...we waited 2 days. When I took him we discussed options: immobilize the foot, xray, do nothing. Since he's so little, his bones are like rubber so there was little chance of a broken bone (we learned that when Ellie broke her arm at 23 mos). So we went with the "do nothing" and wait to see how he's doing. 4 days after the injury, Everson realized that he could in fact put his foot down and walk without pain. Can't seem to figure out how to make a new paragraph so this is going to be really long..... We had a storm over the weekend. A 'tornado-like event' happened here. Right here. Moved our trampoline and swingset 8 feet. Broke 3 of the $75 wooden bows on our covered wagon. Bent our chain link fence down to the ground. Took shingles off our garage. Threw debris all over the place. Brought hail. The national weather service didn't call it a tornado...but you should see the damage that occurred about 1/2 mile down the road from us... A close call for us. Fireworks with the San Angelo Symphony on the 3rd...from my 95 year old Great Grandmother's front porch. We spent the 4th of July missing our annual Armstrong Reunion at Huletts Landing on Lake George. We went to a bbq on a cotton farm. The hosts were friends of my parents. It was fun for the kids. There were cows and calfs and chickens...along with a black sky that threatened hail and tornadoes. It was relaxing for us. So now you're fully caught up on the last 2 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment