Monday, October 23, 2006



In August, Emma and Erik learned to knit. I snapped this pic recently . Emma keeps unraveling her projects, because she can't seem to make up her mind what to do. She made a little pink purse for Ellie's birthday. Now, when she's invited to a birthday party, we buy a skein of yarn and some knitting needles and enclose a coupon for knitting lessons. I had to learn along with the kids, so that I could help them. It was stressful at first, but now I find knitting to be actually relaxing and easy to do while Doug is watching football or when we're watching a movie with the kids. Erik can get a row or 2 done, then thinks it doesn't look right, so he unravels his before I get a chance to check it. It keeps them busy a couple times a week for 20 minutes or so at least LOL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's really cool you guys! i've had a "teach yourself to crochet" book and a spool of yarn in the hall closet for about 2 months now. maybe next time we're all together, you could teach me how to do what you're doing so well in these pictures!
i love you,
aunt angie