Brrrrr!
According to my computer, it's 18 degrees outside! I think every night this week it should be like this, but go into maybe the 50s by afternoon. I won't complain too much though...the memories of 105 degree days are still fresh in my mind.
Saturday night, we rode in the San Angelo Christmas Light parade. It's only the 3rd or 4th year of the parade and was the biggest yet...about 30-40 entries, I believe. My stepfather Tom, who builds and repairs wagons (among 1000 other things he tinkers with), had an 'extra' wagon. It's actually been in our yard since February, because he thought the kids needed a wagon to play on LOL. Anyhow, my mom decorated the wagon with garland and lights, hooked up a generator, and we were the only non church/business/organization to be in the parade. The kids had a blast...and this town is so small, that we saw many people we knew along the parade route.
Nutcracker practice officially started yesterday in the Auditorium. As Props Manager, I was anticipating a very stressful afternoon. I'm pleased to report that I actually sat with some friends and did some knitting! There were some glitches to iron out - very minimal. Tonight we should have just about everything taken care of. The best thing for me, is that I DO NOT have to work backstage! I get to sit and enjoy the show...and help sell flowers in the lobby (that's my free ticket).
Well, Everson just woke up, so I'll go now.
No comments:
Post a Comment