Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Time for an update...

I know, I know. It's been forever since my last update. Life around here is happening at full speed and will slow down a bit once Nutcracker is over (in 11 days, but who's counting).

Ballet classes, Nutcracker rehearsals, basketball practices and lots of games, me working, doing some canning (marmalades, applesauce, apple butter and 19 pints of salsa...wouldn't Beth be proud of me Nancy?), getting ready for Thanksgiving...oh, and educating my children along with my regular day to day doings...well, you get the picture.

Doug's mom and Stepdad arrived in their camper/condominium on wheels on Sunday and will be staying with us (in our yard, that is) until after Christmas. AND Doug's brother and his family will be coming down for Christmas. I'm so glad! Doug hasn't spent a holiday with his family since we moved here 4 years ago.

Oh, MY Dad and stepmom are coming from Buffalo for a long weekend in time to see opening night of Nutcracker...and my brother is coming for a week, right after that.

So in the course of a month, we'll have seen much of our immediate family. Whoo hoo!

I haven't the time to upload pictures, but I will soon. Promise.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

She would be spectacularly proud of you, Deja!!

So thrilled for you guys with all the family coming your way. Enjoy!

And, Happy Thanksgiving...

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Great job! I've been praying for you during your busy season. How wonderful to have so much family around for your big days.