The not-so-regular ramblings and updates of a family of eight
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Our musicians
Our annual Homeschool Band and Choir concert was a few weeks ago. Erik first picked up a sax just 9 months ago. He wowed us with this version of Carnival of Venice. Ellie played Theme from New World Symphony. We're so proud of the progress they made since they began last August! ?Emma had a beautiful french horn solo that she had been working on. But getting braces this spring really messed things up. She quickly reverted to almost beginner status. I'll spare you the details on the condition of her mouth after trying to play her horn. We pulled her solo, but she made a valiant effort to play a few pieces with the band.
Thanks - nearly as good as being there - and no calories from reception food. ::snort::
I feel for Emma. Ouch. Have you heard Arielle's story? They "over-corrected" her bite and now we're trying to put it back...poor thing. I keep reminding her it will be worth it. We hope she gets them off by the end of summer.
1 comment:
Thanks - nearly as good as being there - and no calories from reception food. ::snort::
I feel for Emma. Ouch. Have you heard Arielle's story? They "over-corrected" her bite and now we're trying to put it back...poor thing. I keep reminding her it will be worth it. We hope she gets them off by the end of summer.
Post a Comment