A great homeschooling moment this morning....
I had to write this down so I could use it as proof in the future with my kiddos... I emerged from bed this morning around 7:30 as my Everson-clock was calling my name. When I walked into the living room, I found Emma sitting in the chair reading her latest library book. On the couch right next to her, was Erik, READING his latest library book (a early reader mystery that Emma picked out for him). I had 2 kids voluntarily reading at 7:30 in the morning!
Erik was determined to finish the book. He went to bed reading it with a book light and was reading in bed in the morning before he realized that Emma was up.
I taught them to read! They love to read! It was a BIG rewarding moment for this homeschooling mom of 4! Erik has really just started to read proficiently and is enjoying reading. Just had to share it.
No comments:
Post a Comment