On the weekends when Doug has errands to run, I often say, "Who are you taking with you?" Usually, I get to run errands a-l-o-n-e ;-) These opportunities even extend to our own yard with lawnmower rides... When Everson heard the mower start up and ramble around the yard, he ran to the driveway and in his little 3 year old voice said over and over and over again, "Daddy, can I have a ride with you?" I was busy cleaning the pool, and Doug was mowing. It might have taken 5 minutes for us to realize that he wanted a ride...then Ellie appeared at the edge of the yard with the same chant for her turn. I'm wondering if they'll be this enthusiastic about the lawnmower when they are 14 and it's their JOB to mow the lawn...of course, by then, little Elvis will want to ride along with THEM...
Thursday, June 14, 2007
CAN I HAVE A RIDE?
On the weekends when Doug has errands to run, I often say, "Who are you taking with you?" Usually, I get to run errands a-l-o-n-e ;-) These opportunities even extend to our own yard with lawnmower rides... When Everson heard the mower start up and ramble around the yard, he ran to the driveway and in his little 3 year old voice said over and over and over again, "Daddy, can I have a ride with you?" I was busy cleaning the pool, and Doug was mowing. It might have taken 5 minutes for us to realize that he wanted a ride...then Ellie appeared at the edge of the yard with the same chant for her turn. I'm wondering if they'll be this enthusiastic about the lawnmower when they are 14 and it's their JOB to mow the lawn...of course, by then, little Elvis will want to ride along with THEM...

On the weekends when Doug has errands to run, I often say, "Who are you taking with you?" Usually, I get to run errands a-l-o-n-e ;-) These opportunities even extend to our own yard with lawnmower rides... When Everson heard the mower start up and ramble around the yard, he ran to the driveway and in his little 3 year old voice said over and over and over again, "Daddy, can I have a ride with you?" I was busy cleaning the pool, and Doug was mowing. It might have taken 5 minutes for us to realize that he wanted a ride...then Ellie appeared at the edge of the yard with the same chant for her turn. I'm wondering if they'll be this enthusiastic about the lawnmower when they are 14 and it's their JOB to mow the lawn...of course, by then, little Elvis will want to ride along with THEM...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment