A RECORD-BREAKING DAY!
This is one of those days I wish I had my camera with me. We had a road race this morning. Everson and I sat this one out, so it was just Doug and the older 3 kids running. Doug ran with Emma and Erik. Erik has been trying so hard to break 7 minutes and this race was his fastest yet. In fact, all 4 runners on Team Armstrong had personal best times...
Drum roll.....
Doug 7:00 (he says he still wasn't working hard...)
Erik 7:13 (down from a 7:30)
Emma 7:43 (down from 8:12)
Ellie 11:31 (somewhere around 12:00)
I'm quite proud of my runners! On Tuesday night, Emma and Erik competed in the Hershey's Youth Track Meet. We took them, simply for the experience of racing on a track. They each ran a 400-meter race, one lap around the track. Erik came in at 1:33 and Emma ran a 1:25. I agree with our running coach...they get this from their FATHER ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment