Garage Sale giddies!!!
This week we are working on cleaning out dresser drawers. Emma has taken it a step further by cleaning out her 'toy cubbies' in her closet...and filling a box with items she is planning on selling in our garage sale.
Garage sale? What garage sale? Who said we were having a garage sale? My last garage sale was just about 2 years ago...right before we moved from NY to TX. I'm NOT a fan of having garage sales - especially while pregnant.
HOWEVER, I'm NOT ABOUT to tell the kids that tidbit ;-) If they want to scale down...by all means scale down ;-)
Just this morning I received an email from our homeschool assoc about a fundraiser. There is a group of our h.s. teens raising money to attend Worldview Camp (www.worldview.org). It seems that the camp has a week in the fall, here in TX, for homeschool students. I've looked at it and would love to send my own kiddos there...when they're old enough.
Anyhow, the teens are asking for items to be donated to their garage sale to go towards their fees for camp. Guess what I told my kids....
I took their eagerness to get rid of STUFF and paired it with their eagerness to HELP OTHERS, and suggested that they DONATE their stuff to the teens...it also came with the news that I was NOT having a garage sale before next summer...well then, let's give it to the teens so they can go to camp! As I type, the girls are in the boys room...going through their toys and putting things they want to get rid of into a box.
Erik's only request..."Mom, as a reward for giving our stuff away, can we go to the sale with, like, $5 to spend? Maybe I'll find some legos..." Ahhh, let's get rid of stuff, so we can get more stuff...
No comments:
Post a Comment