Here's what's been happening:
* Deja has been sick with something since Christmas... Thinking just allergies. But enough is enough! It's been dry and dusty here. And windy. So the winds are blowing stuff in the air from who-knows-where and my respiratory system has had it!
* Erik has started playing games with HIS basketball team, as Dad's season is coming to an end. Only 3 games for Doug left - his season started in September.
* Elisha continues to be a complete tornado...
* Everson seems to be out-growing his graffiti tendencies...we hope. He won his age group at AWANA last night for his "Sports Night" costume. He was dressed as a UT football player. Complete with shoulder pads and helmet. He told everyone that his shoulder pads were his Big Muscles ::snort::
* Ellie won for her division for her "Sports Night" costume. She went dressed as The Sugar Plum Fairy...complete with tiara and leg warmers ;-) In case you didn't know, a regular debate around here is where ballet is a sport or not...I know you can guess who the different sides are.
* Emma has been busy with rehearsals for her part in the Wizard of Oz. She auditioned last August and did NOT get cast as a dancer. She was the only one not cast. Too tall for one part and too short/not advanced enough for the other. It was a character-building disappointment followed by not being cast as Clara in The Nutcracker the following week. Two weeks ago, her ballet teacher (who is the choreographer for the production) emailed me and asked if Emma would be available for the part, as an older dancer dropped out. What a thrill! She is challenged to say the least, by the part. All of the dancers are at least a year ahead of her in training...some are in high school... She'll be dancing as a Poppy...the sleepy poppy field will be moving poppies that turn into snowflakes (rent the movie if you're confused...). She's also one of the Ozians who welcome Dorothy and crew to Oz. TWO weekends of performances...SIX performances total beginning Feb 20. Let us know if you'd like to escape the cccolllldddd and come down for some sunshine...
It should be in the 80s today... I'm grilling a London Broil.
My brother Dhamon is in town for a few days. Buffalo weather got to him and he's come down for some R&R. He arrived last night and we'll see him today.
Gotta go change a s-t-i-n-k-y diaper. Don't you wish you were here?!
2 comments:
Sorry about the allergies. I can relate to that! One advantage for me in the Northeast is, no seasonal allergies until Spring. I'll just have to be prepared next winter when we come down.
Glad everyone else is doing well. Wish we could come down for Emma's performance.
Love,
Grandma Nita
Oooo, I love the little update idea on everyone in the family!
Emma, I was in the Wizard of Oz too when I was a little girl. I was in 4th grade at my school and I played the Tin Man. My dad made me a costume out of silver stove pipe from his wood stove shop. ;-)
Everson, Will really likes the picture of you riding your bike. "That's cool", he said.
Love you guys,
the Latham Armstrong's
Post a Comment