We are still alive...
Just unbelievably-more-than-usual busy.
Little did we know how busy Emma would be with Wizard of Oz...10 performances over 3 weekends. Not The Nutcracker...getting it over with in one weekend ;-)
Also, I started my first paycheck-collecting job in over 7 years. I started working for the Civic Events Department with the city here. I got into it to usher at the Symphony and stuff like that. A couple of weekends a month. Well it's RODEO time here. It takes place at a City venue...needing civic events staff doing things like taking tickets. At. Every. Performance. Twelve performances to be exact. Well, I put my foot down and am only working at 9. Just so happens to fall at the same time as Emma's OZ performances...
We're all going to the Preview performance tonight. It should be a packed house for this final dress rehearsal open to the public...all 10 performances are sold out!
Oh, and I've taken over our produce coop! So each Friday, I go to the grocery store to pick up our produce order ($375ish), bring it home and sort it (with helpers) and have folks come to pick it up. We're done by noon usually. The best part is that we get our produce for FREE! Well, we work for it, but we're not paying real money for it.
So you could say that I now have TWO jobs, in addition to caring for my kiddos ;-)
So we're doing well, but busy. I'll put some pictures up as soon as I take some current shots ;-)
3 comments:
Wow!!, busy but exciting times in TX. You have become Superwoman - glad you have lots of hands to help with the veggie sorting.
Can't wait to hear about the 'Wizard of Oz' experience for Emma. Is this a ballet? musical? drama? All of the above? Have fun!
Emma, it sounds like you and your Mom are leading very busy lives! Hope all your performances go well. Sounds like it's a lot of hard work, but fun at the same time. Looking forward to coming down there next winter and seeing you in action!!!
Love,
Grandma Nita
You're a true P31er! ;-)
Glad to read this post to hear how you all are doing.
Hugs all around,
Angie & family
Post a Comment