Our new trees...
I forgot to take a picture today, so I'll add one tomorrow (if my pregnant mind doesn't forget).
We've been talking about planting some trees in our huge yard...mostly b/c we crave the SHADE in the hot months. About a week and a half ago, my mom drove up with 2 trees, a non-fruit mulberry and some other kind of tree. You know I have a black thumb, so the names of the trees just aren't important ;-) What I do know is that they are fast growing and drought resistant.
Anyhow, it has taken quite an effort to get them into the hard-as-a-rock-clay-filled ground we have here. Doug did all the work and planted one tree (the mulberry, I think).
Well, the GIRLS thought that our trees needed names. The planted tree is named Steve. I thought to myself, "That's cute, we did recently take a book from the library about a tree named Steve."
I was wrong. They named the tree for STEVE NASH. Who is he? You can quickly ask your sports-minded spouse, coworker, or friend...I'll wait... Turns out, Steve Nash plays for the NBA team the Phoenix Suns. Do you get this? MY GIRLS named a tree for a NBA player!!! The kicker is that they know that Erik can't stand Steve Nash! They delight in their choice of a name for a tree. They named the other tree Dwyane Wade...a player for the "Miami Heats".
Okay, much basketball has been watched in this house since February...Erik can't wait for the weekend to watch more playoff games. I can take that. But the fact that MY GIRLS know some of these players just kills me!
For the record, Erik wants us to buy and plant another tree. He wants to name it Joakim Noah.
No comments:
Post a Comment