Thursday, June 16, 2011

After dropping Emma off at a friend's house for a ballet/basketball switcharoo carpool, we took the boys to basketball practice and then went to Unidad Park with the younger 3.  Everyone but Elisha has been able to do something fun in the past week and he was begging for the playground.  Since it was 9am and cool and shady, we went for 40 minutes.  Ellie was, of course, a great playmate for Elisha.  Everson roamed around looking for something fun to do when he discovered the monkey bars...and discovered that he could go all across them...with ease!  He then ran around the playground looking for more monkey bars to conquer.  I told him we'd try to find some more at different playgrounds ;-)


 Climbing on top of the monkey bars was fun, too...getting down was tricker than he thought, though.

Elisha for some reason LOVES these yellow swings...and his swing pusher.

After the playground, we swung by Target for $2.69/gallon milk, and some new markers and posters from the dollar section.  2 gallons of milk and 3 $1 goodies ended up costing me about $4 cash.  We came home to fresh bread that was just finishing up in the oven...why don't I use the time bake feature more often?!

We came home and the younger 3 set to furiously coloring their new Cars and Toy Story posters, while I cleaned the pool filter and pulled weeds and dying plants from the garden...the chickens now love me!

I didn't sleep well last night, so I need a nap before work.  This afternoon will consist of  lunch, ballet run, pool for the boys, ballet run, laundry folding, dusting, vacuuming, dishes, dinner of pasta w/meat sauce and steamed veggies.  The littles will watch some fun movie before bed, and the older 2 are DYING to watch "The City of Ember" from Netflix now that Erik has finally finished the book!

So glad tomorrow is produce!  Erik and I get to team up to take out the back seat of the van and unload the produce while Emma is at ballet...should be an interesting morning.  Taking dinner to 2 families from church that had babies on Tuesday...they won't mind to both be getting the same thing ;-)  Meatloaf and roasted potatoes and zucchini.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

You're not busy or anything are you!! ;)

Full day tomorrow of "Peter & the Wolf" - my 1st attempt as a Stage Manager. Yikes - what was I thinking??

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Good times. Love the photos of the boys, its fun to see them change.